Sunday, April 17, 2011

HOLIDAY HELL..... ON EARTH!

As many of you know I hate the holidays. Actually I love the holidays I just hate splitting them. As I have explained before I love all of my family and seeing them I just hate that I only have so much time with any of them. How do people do this? How do they make a schedule and keep it? How does everyone elses families then fall in line with that plan? I don't know obviously but I am open to suggestions because I need to find a way to make my holidays enjoyable and not turn my stomach into a ball of knots. I was considering taking the number of family members that will be visiting and multiplying that by 20 minutes each or I could do family groups each get 45 minutes. I just don't know what is fair. Then when I have to break it down into timed amounts it just doesn't feel personal and my family is very personal and they deserve more then a set amount of time. So where does that leave me?  I don't know but I sure wish I could figure something out......

1 comment:

  1. oh that's the way it is - make it easy on yourself baby - do not get yourself all worked up - yes you may miss a few things when you leave early. This has always been a rough one. We actually split the Holidays when you were little because it was not enjoyable to anyone to get you on the tired shift... or we could do the Holiday a different day - but then it drags it out. So I do not know what is best - but splitting it up might be good enough for now. Remember any decision now doesn't have to be forever and ever and ever ...

    ReplyDelete